We look forward to seeing you Saturday, August 20th. Here are all the details you need to have a great ride! If you have any questions or problems on ride day, call the Tour de Jazz hotline at 816-205-7056.
The American Jazz Museum is located just east of Downtown Kansas City at 1616 East 18th Street, Kansas City, MO. Directions and mapping.
Registration and Packet Pickup
Starting at 2:00 p.m. under the Jay McShan Pavilion on the north/rear side of the American Jazz Museum. Plan to arrive about 30 minutes before your start time.
- All Day – Charlier Parker special exhibit and live music inside the museum
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Packet Pickup and Walk-up Registration
- 3:00 p.m. 50 Mile Route Departs
- 4:00 p.m. 30 Mile Route Departs
- 5:00 p.m. 10 Mile Route Departs
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. After Party
The Guided Tour is sold out, but you can still ride the 10 mile route using the souvenir map in your rider packet.
After the ride: 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Join us for live music, appetizers, and soft drinks, under the Jay McShan Pavilion behind the American Jazz Museum. Cash bar is available inside the Blue Room.
8:30 p.m. – Ida McBeth performs in the Blue Room
($15 cover carge)
10:30 p.m. – Charlie Parker Celebration continues at the Green Lady Lounge, 1809 Grand Blvd.
About the Routes
Please Note: Tour de Jazz is an open route. You will be riding on city streets in mixed traffic. Wear a helmet and obey all traffic laws.
Off street parking is available in two lots located two blocks east or two blocks west of the museum.
- Southwest corner of 18th and The Paseo
- Southeast corner of 18th and Woodland
Do not park in the lot at the Gregg/Klice Community Center behind the museum.